Almond & Cinnamon Milk
There are many different types of nut milk recipes – and this is just a basic sweet almond milk for use in tea. coffee and cereals. If you want to use this milk in savory recipes, just leave out the cinnamon and sweetener. Keeps in the fridge for about 3 days.
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 2 Cups Filtered Water for soaking
- 4 Cups Filtered Water for blending
- Pinch Salt
- 3 Dates (pitted)
- Soak almonds in filtered water for 8 hours, or over night.
- Drain and rinse the almonds and add them and 4 cups filtered water, dates and cinnamon to a high powered blender. Blend for 2 minutes and then drain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Cover and keep in the fridge. Use within 3 days.
- Use for smoothies, cereals, and warm beverages. Shake well before using.
Nutritional breakdown is approximate and for general information only, and will vary depending on specific brands and measurements used.